Minimalist II is our three colour CSS Skin Pack for DNN, which proves that a more complex design is also possible with CSS skinning. and this is probably the one of the hardest one we did. It only has a minimum number of tables and highest number of Divs to make up a skin pack that is fast without compromizing the portal capablities. Great pack of Containers too.
Minimalist II is the first skin pack that features our new Flash Module that allows you to manage the images as easily as any other module in DNN. The PA for this GREAT module is provided with this package.
There has been clearly a great need for xhtml compliance in DNN community the last few years; a lot of work has been done in this area. Complexities of content & Module placements in have always stopped developers producing packaged skins with good compliance to the XHTML as well as web 2.0 design principles.
This situation has improved with DNN 5.x, with much more compatibility now possible in producing these skins than ever before. You must appreciate that the none table advantages to table skin as well as DNN related limitations in how you apply content. Please explore the demo skin you will find it is behaving very well indeed.
This skin pack comes with number of great containers to suit the skin, as well as, skin types for various situations requiring different ways of content placements in the page
- Each have number of skin types some with 10 panes to place your content in a verity of ways. There are 3 colours (Blue, Gray, Orange) of skin types provided.
- It comes with number of containers to suit the skin.
- All the relevant html and image source files are added.
- Each colour skin types with various kinds of width such as 960 and 95%.
- Complete source code for all skin components as well as original images are provided. Search available.
- Tested and good on 4.x. and 5.x.
- PSD files on request so you can change the banner images.
Flashslides module displays selected images and rotates the images. It also has the option to display a common content. Several optional features allow you to select the time to rotate each image, transition between images. Most importantly it uses Jquery for the transitions. So it loads very fast. Check all of the features listed below.Module Features:
- Display and rotate images in sequential order.
- Options to change the sequence order.
- Select a fade in & out time between images.
- Select a rotation time between images.
- Set the width and height for the image set. It has the option to crop the images to fit if your images are larger!
- It uses Jquery for flash effects and no use of swf. So it is light weight & fast.
- Add as many images as you would like, and also add as many flashslides modules as you would like to add to your site.
Note: This skin can work fine in both DNN 5.x and 4.X. The Skin and Container zips has a manifest file (.dnn file type) for DNN 5.X. So when you are uploading the skin and Containers in DNN 4.X just delete that .dnn file and upload.
Please click here
to see the skin in action. Please click here
to see our other skins in action. This skin is continuation of my efforts to create alternative designs showing the capabilities of Standard DNN skin technology.You can ask us to customize this skin and please fill the custom request form
at salaro.com and we will quote a price as soon as we study your requirements.Please note that All SalarO's Skins are HTML rather than ASCX and it allows you to easily change the design if you wish using DreamWeaver/FrontPage. The core builds the ASCX and therefore, it will have better upgrade potential for the next Major release since all you would need to do is to upload the skin and the next version of DNN will build a new ASCX.
For technical support, just submit the request for assistance via support form.
Known Limitations1- This package includes skin types of 960 and 95%.
2- This skin uses Some Table strucutre, however, the number of tables are minimized.
3- Please test on all browsers and satisfy yourself of the behavior before you purchase. we have tested it on IE7, IE6, FireFox and Opera. But please check yourself too
5- For Edit, IE 7 or IE 6 is ideal.
6- This is CSS XHTML skinning with a minimum number of tables. Please check the browser source.
How to Upload DNN Skins & Containers :
Unpack the main zip file on your hard drive and you will see the various skins zips and container zip. Upload the skin zip and container zip to your portal via admin/skins/site one by one We prefer that to the combine skin/container method
Check that the skins and containers are available when you add a page via page functions/settings/advanced settings and set the appropriate container and skin to the page.
You can also set a global skin and container to your site via admin/site settings and only change the skin type or container type when necessary on the page or on the module that requires a different one to the default skin/container..
- HTML style skins for DNN 3.x & 4.x and 5.x: The skins are all HTML and not ascx. Therefore, you will have painless upgrade to the next version of DNN as the core skinning engine will account for the upcoming changes and creates the correct ascx files.
- 3 Great color variations: There are 3 colours (Blue, Gray and Orange) of skin types provided. The containers to match are also provided.
- Language Selector: Language selector is provided with the package so if you have more than one language available in DNN 3.1.1 and after then it will show itself. if you dont need it then ensure you have only one language set in Host/Language settings. Index page also has no language selector option for those not wanting it.
- Traditional Search Token: Traditional Site search is added to the skin.
- Date Token: Date Displaying options is also given for all pages you to use.
- Standard Logo placements: You can easily add logo with your own by changing the site logo in all versions of DNN by going to "Admin/Site Settings".
- Fixed width: This skin is the 780px fixed width skin with number of containers in each skin.
- 95% & 960px width: This skin is the 95% and 960px fixed width skin with number of containers in each skin.
- Matching Containers: For the skin pack you have the matching container. Please check the demo site to see the variations.
- Browser Compatible: Full Explorer and Fire Fox compatibility. After all they are the main two. Check your favourite browser for compatibility. We have not seen any unusual behaviour with others.
- Admin Skin Included: Each skin has their own admin skin-type.
- Easy customization: Skins are HTML style with css link placed. This would allow you to customize the skin with minimum coding knowledge. Just open the skin in DreamWeaver and you will see the skin tokens and move them or change graphics to suit. However, I must warn you that the menu is not easy to customize, unless you know solpartmenu well. I would take it as is and as seen.
- Source Files Included: for all aspects of the skin and containers and the flash, you will see the full source code. There are no needs to purchase any third party module or skin object to make this skin work.
- Great Support: Support by email or support desk.