Non-technical content contributors can add and edit content through a standard web browser with no IT support
. Users add or upgrade web page functionality by quickly, easily installing software add-ons. The ribbon bar control panel
provides a wide range of editing options, allowing users to create pages, install new modules, edit content, and preview pages more quickly and easily. The Telerik RadEditor rich text editor
provides rich content editing tools such as Microsoft Word clean, spell checking and advanced image management.Content Approval Workflows:
Module level approvals ensure users throughout your organization impacted by a content change can approve updates before they go live
. A business rules engine enables workflows with an unlimited number of states and reviewers.User Interface Customization:
A Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX
license for an unlimited number of developers within your Professional Edition instance allows your developers to create highly interactive, dynamic, client-side web applications.Content Localization:
Create and maintain your website content in multiple languages. Content localization allows you to easily manage your web pages in a primary language and then utilize translators to keep the content synchronized in multiple secondary languages. Visitors to your site will be served content based on their preferred culture settings.Document Management:
A full document management solution allows your organization to store, control and view documents online. Video and media files are supported. Documents can be displayed with or without their metadata visible.
Improved Web Site Performance:Page and module caching
- Document folders can be defined in a hierarchical structure with as many levels as you choose. Category hierarchies allow presentation of documents in logical groups with each document presented within multiple categories.
- Access rights to each folder can be granted to user groups or specific users. A variety of access rights can be granted to each user or user group including View, Add, Edit, Delete and many more.
- Document library users can easily monitor changes via subscriptions and alerts. RSS subscriptions are available.
- Versioning allows users to save versions of a document and then restore older versions on demand. A chronological list of the document versions is available which allows restore or simply download of an older version.
- A powerful document moderation workflow engine ensures all new content is reviewed before it is published. Users can track documents individually and receive notifications whenever a change occurs. Documents can also be tracked at the folder level.
- Administrators can review document download statistics or view statistics at the folder or at the category level.
- Users can create document libraries from scratch or point to a pre-existing folder structure and automatically synchronize the new document library with the existing folders.
- Secure files can be set which do not allow document download.
with multiple caching options speeds the delivery of web pages and provides site visitors with a more satisfying experience while reducing the workload on your web servers.Web Site Appearance:
Install a new skin to easily change the appearance of your site
Create engaging, interactive web sites using social media features available as standard core framework modules such as blogs, forums and wikis.Social Networking:
A rich user profile
forms the basis for advanced social networking applications. It supports templates for simple layout customizations and allows users to upload a photo so they can easily personalize their identity.Google Analytics Support:
Easily inject Google Analytics tracking code or similar content in a specific location on every web page. Support for advanced Google Analytics functionality
such as visitor type, landing page, role, or referrer segmentation is also available.Web Site Security:
A security database tracks all modifications to your web site and provides a full audit history. Extended page, module, and folder level permissions allow you to provide your users with granular rights to view and edit your web site. The Security Center
continuously feeds relevant alerts to your administrators with links to download any relevant security patches.Application Integrity:
Your installation files are checked
against the standard release files. Any inconsistencies which may impact the reliability of your web site are reported including files that are out of date or which have been modified.Health Monitoring:
The Professional Edition online services can ping your web site periodically and notify your site administrator via email in the event of a failure
. Regular pings also ensure your site stays in web server memory for faster response.Scalability:
The DotNetNuke open core framework is regularly used to power web sites running on web farms. Professional Edition features provide more efficient usage of web farm resources
which lower costs and increase performance.Taxonomy:
A sophisticated taxonomy system allows an administrator to create an unlimited number of vocabularies of terms
to associate to pages or modules in a site. These attributes are stored in a common content store which provides new ways to aggregate and publish content.Folksonomy:
The folksonomy system allows end users to enter free form tags
for pages and modules. Attributes are stored in a common content store which provides new ways to aggregate and publish content.Messaging Capability:
A message repository and API
allows messages to be delivered in a variety of ways including real-time and batch. An Inbox provides a user with a view of the messages they have received and sent and administrative tools to manage the messages.Open Source Model:
DotNetNuke is an open source solution. The integration requirements for adding new modules or skins are available. Hundreds of software vendors and consulting partners are available to assist you.Documentation:
Full product documentation is included. Both User and Superuser manuals
are provided through the DotNetNuke Support Network.Support:
Technical support is available through the DotNetNuke Support Network (DSN) where you can access the Professional Edition online Knowledge Base
or submit a support request. DotNetNuke Corp. support professionals provide first level support with second level support by DotNetNuke Corp. architects and engineers